Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Contemplating Strychnine

Caught in a fog of physical and mental
suffocation, explaining symptoms to a
new doctor; in a brisk manner, brooking
no opposition, not to be deflected
though I’m talking steadily - he
wrote three prescriptions

One for long-term allergy control, one
for immediate symptomatic relief, one
for stopping synapses firing wildly, I
was still talking about taking strychnine
when he showed me the door - these
expensive medicines

Will make you forget of ever contemplating
strychnine he said – I suppose the cost will
be more effective in stopping me breathing
than strychnine…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...