Monday, September 6, 2010

Sensation of Strangulation


I’m trying out a new medicine as it behooves
a citizen of the twenty-first century and I feel
like hell, cannot sit still and concentrate, the
only advantage is lack of appetite, but since I
ate in any case to help pin me down in my chair
the opportunity for weight loss has been lost, a
pill supposed to fix the synapses firing in my
brain by connecting loose nerves, taking the
strain of attention deficit

But all I have gained is a feeling of restlessness,
boredom and a need for emotional and mental
stimulation, the only thing I have lost is fantasy
as no new story is forming in my head to make
up for the boredom of uneventful reality, I thought
putting up with detrimental effects would be amply
repaid by dramatic weight loss, but now I am not
so sure, a constriction in my head is causing
pain and I am tired of fighting myself

The chemicals bubbling away in my system, my
mind is growing as empty as the wide blue sea and
nothing presents itself in the form of interest, only
by stuffing my ears with Vicks can I stop them from
closing completely; if I cannot make this medication
work, I am going to become Humpty Dumpty, as round
as a ball as I eat around the clock, though a new sexy
outline would not impress anybody, it would be easier
to schlep around than waddling all over the place

For God’s sake, change the sensation of strangulation
that makes me feel like suffocation, I am in such
discomfort - and it just will not stop!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...