Friday, September 17, 2010

Accomplishment - Friday Night

Oh, how the gods love me, sending me adventure
and excitement, challenge and delight: looking up
the information of five dictionaries, reading numbers
and titles and changing the format and layout of tables
and columns, this is what I was born for, this is the reason
I am alive, this gives meaning and colour to my life

Everything else fades in uniform grey as this uplifting task
beckons to me to follow it into the valley of delight, the vale
of joy, the dell of the sublime, celestial moments like these
keep humans alive, add spice and flavour to life, how could
I ever have thought of a James Bond or Terry Pratchett when
life offers me the wonders of accomplishment

Research of the most heavenly kind, this is nectar and ambrosia
to the searching soul, balm to the restless spirit, this means the
world is getting better and better all the time, looking up
numbers and facts is the only way to spend one’s time
in a noble way…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...