Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Superboring, Megameaningless


Ha-ha, it never rains but it pours, just when
I finished lamenting the dictionary list to be
updated and retyped, just finished strewing
ash over my head while sitting in sackcloth

Hell upped the ante on me: A meeting held
in English, an idiot keeping the minutes in
Afrikaans, now this idiotic text to be trans-
lated back into English; people are mad

Mad, mad, I shall take several kinds of drugs
and knock myself out in order to read this
superboring, megameaningless text, at the
moment I cannot bear to look at it

My self-righteous indignation at scribes taking
minutes behaving like fools is too big, I have no
self-control left with which to force myself into
acceptance of a completely farcical job

I can barely manage to tether my mind to the
scintillating books of Terry Pratchett, to direct
my wildly gyrating mind to a set of nonsensical
minutes is more than I can accomplish

Playing meaningless games is only bearable if
one can have a good time along the way, in my
present mindset there is no chance of this at all
I shall lie low, waiting for crisis management

I do not think it is possible to translate a text as
bone-dry boring and useless as this even if my
life were at stake, death is preferable to this
any kind of horror is better –

Now how to get to get run over, killed, hung,
poisoned, destroyed, kidnapped, fall
unconscious, disappear?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...