Friday, September 10, 2010

When The Sun Shines

Dancing and singing to ‘Picking up Pebbles’ by Cornelia
while washing dishes, changing into a joyful me, followed
by a song from Die Ou Menere: ‘Wilhelmina, Wilhelmina if
you would be mine, the world would start blooming for me
we’d live in a cottage that leaks when it rains, if someone
asks why not fix it today, I would reply when the sun
shines it does not leak anyway’

Laughing and rocking and washing with soap suds, wetting
the floor and singing along, a sensual experience of energy
and rhythm and cheerful noise; I have just added another
ten years to my life, this feels oh so very good, I am glad I
have learnt to enjoy washing dishes when I was at school
and the ability to change completely when music plays, is
one of the best aspects of life…

“Wilhelmina, Wilhelmina as ek jou maar kon kry, dan lyk die
ou wêreld soos ‘n blomtuin vir my … dan bly ons saam in ‘n
vaal ou pondokkie wat lek as dit reën, vra hul my waarom
dek jy dit nie, dan sê ek as die son skyn dan lek hy
mos nie…” sung by a group called ‘Die Ou Menere’

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...