Monday, June 27, 2022

His Dreams Are Intact

My one-legged tin soldier who went on adventures

and whose loyalty to the ballerina balancing on one

leg remains firmly in place, will have to contend with

Alice-In-Wonderland when he wakes up being non-

physical consciousness in the realm after death - I

 

Shall greet him as the best mentor and loyal sibling

that has ever been, he never left me or anyone else

in the lurch - never shirked his duty, as traditionalist

and disciplinarian he marched with the platoon until

the day the Mandarin-aneurysm pushed him through

 

The window according to the fairy tale, then the brave

little soldier returned to the toy cupboard and saluted,

dependable as always while continuing his quest for

philosophic discourse, and though ill health impedes

my tin soldier, his dreams are intact and his life still

 

On track to scale the mountain he started climbing

when he taught philosophy a long time ago…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...