Friday, June 3, 2022

Such A Sweet Thing

Celebrating your birthday in the Kruger Park: - with

ten lions in a row saying hello and a giraffe carcass

eaten by vultures and hyenas, and all your previous

colleagues sending you birthday messages galore

 

Remembering you as the best Chief that ever was-

so why won’t you stay home and invite everyone to

your house: Because, you archly explain, I do NOT

want to take care of other people on my birthday

 

Making sure they are well served - I want to be free

to do my own thing, watching wild animals, practise

my skill-set in photography; and I have to smile, you

are so popular, yet you chose to spend it here

 

With only me for company - it’s such a sweet thing

to spend time with my Beloved - you do know that

I love you too…

 

[For Martin, 31 May 2022]    

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...