Friday, June 24, 2022

Flower Of Canine Joy

When Momo discovered the moment of time,

every hour was an unfolding rose, every one

more beautiful than the previous flower and I

wish it were true for me, but today as I swept

 

Just like Beppo Street Sweeper said one step

at a time - then danced with the cables as the

CharBoss wielded an electric Steamer all over

the house, and I washed my way through a

 

Mountain of dishes divided into platoons, first

a shiny cluster of glasses & cups, then plates,

pots & cutlery; this sequence of  hours did not

seem to be unfolding roses & as I grew tired

 

It felt as if little gray men were smoking all of

my beautiful hours while I worked like a fiend

to get it all done; now after eating chocolate

ganache my stomach isn’t happy and I am

 

Searching for a lovely flower to represent my

last unfolding hour, the one thing left is a long-

legged terrier begging to play outside - kicking

bottles for him to catch, his sole purpose in life

 

At least for him there is an unfolding flower of

canine joy ready to bloom for an hour...


[Michael Ende: "Momo"]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...