Friday, June 3, 2022

Want To Play A Game

Not connected to the Internet, launch diagnostics,

resigned, wearing winter pajamas and legwarmers

and three fleecy blankets sitting outside in the cold,

checking for problems, then the very sweet question:

 

Want to play a game while you wait? - I realize how

very accommodating my laptop is, how infinitely sweet

in its attempt to meet my every need, it’s not the laptop’s

fault there is no Internet in Lower Sabie - a name which

 

The talking car’s voice pronounce beautifully - although

she refuses to recognize the name Skukuza when we

ask her to find a route - and my laptop works SO hard

trying to find a connection, Bing even access the site

 

But as there is no Internet here, all in vain - and I love

all these kind attempts at helping, love this game of a

whole Universe aware of one laptop trying to connect -

happily I return to a novel in my head: second attempt

 

As the first version was too glib to tell my story…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...