Saturday, June 18, 2022

Waves Of Events

Ensconced in fleecy blankets in various tints

of turquoise and blue, feeling as if I’m part of

an underwater scene in the Coral Sea, but my

oversized pastel blue poncho changes me into

Bigfoot from the Himalayas as in the movies I

watched a while ago - feeling too ill to assign

 

Meaning to reality, waves of events presented

by the TV are washing over me, I’m watching

rugby matches and the Grand Prix in Montreal

where it is too wet for safe driving, yet the race*

has to take place in spite of loss of life a strong

possibility - with headphones I listen to Amira’s

 

First CD as the rugby final commences with a

commentary so beloved by rugby enthusiasts,

but not by anybody else and my quality of life

depends on the laptop which accompanies me

everywhere - though the Master of the house

wants to demote me to a tablet - he says it’s

 

More practical - I fear that trying to master a

new form of technology with a much smaller

screen is a new form of punishment I cannot

face at present - just when I figured out how to

open and save a new document on my laptop:

oh, please save me from a new technological

 

Threat, all I want is being able to enjoy myself

while he is amused by sports channel delights

 

*race = actually, free practice, the qualifying will follow later tonight.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...