Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Fire And Ice


......................................Tinker Bell (Fire) and Twin Sis Periwinkle (Ice)............................

My twin sis and I had a choice between Fire and Ice

when we learned to react to the world, my sis chose

Fire while I chose Ice - she fought Authority with the

Fire of Rebellion and I ignored Authority with the Ice

of Rejection - she had to learn to temper her Fire and

I had to learn to melt the Ice that held my heart frozen

 

Today she still has arguments with friends while I still

keep my temper on a tight rein, I’m so glad I discovered

the power of a sense of humour to diffuse all situations

that threaten to make me lose my temper and I wish it

could work when I deal with my twin sis, we still deal with

each other as if we were five years old, can’t overcome

 

Certain words that trigger angry memories then off we go,

arguing like two small kids, I have to become an iceblock

to prevent from igniting her red-hot temper while she has

to suppress her immense irritation with me: this does not

make for easy relations and I wish we could understand

each other’s unique Code of Love, but my sis remains my

 

Nemesis - when we get together, the coals are smouldering

just ready to burst into flames and I have to work on icy self-

control to keep from exploding and I feel like throwing things

down to break them: I know by now that we love each other,

my sister and I, as long as we do not infringe on each other’s

mental territory - and what a supreme effort it is to keep from

 

Trespassing in each other’s lives…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...