Monday, April 7, 2008

Falling Asleep In Portuguese

Falling asleep on the front seat while driving around
I can’t wait to get home – the German channel will do for me
news in German always lulls me to sleep
- oh no, they’re transmitting in English

So on to the French channel – though it does not
induce sleep – German is softer and flowing
while French stops and starts, goes up and down
with shorter sounds – no schwissing sounds of the sea

Now I’m awake and mourning my fate
that Germans insist on offering English
- this is useless, the French refuses to let me sleep
so on to Arabic! – stopping at Portuguese

Lovely – a programme on food and wine
accompanied by Portuguese music – a hypnotizing session
ten minutes only before we’re off again
I’ll have to leave sleeping in Portuguese till later…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...