Friday, April 18, 2008

Sing Again To A Captive Audience


Last night I couldn’t sleep with
swollen eyes today, but I can’t
lie down and hide from life all
bubbling with excitement,
calling me

We went down to the library
to obtain a formal paper, I
asked for an operetta and
oh, beautiful delight, the
official did produce

My Princess Rosalinde, only thing
between it and me being copyright
protection, once obtained the text
is mine, every song therein, the
fairies dancing to the tune

Of Offenbach’s Barcarolle and Mozart’s
elfin song, the gypsies drinking in the
forest; threatening to steal the ancient
manuscript earned me a strict rebuke,
but singing the aria

“Think Of Me” from Phantom of the
Opera made amends with eyes
lighting up and kindness in the
disposition, I’ll be back with
the required authorization

To copy the whole play and
sing again to a captive
audience…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful riddle that ever was..... sug! wat 'n pragtige gedig... dit klink soos 'n Pablo-en-my gedig (jammer om dit nou so vir my te eien). Dis 'n stunning blogspot. Ek moet erken, ek het nog nooit ooit enige ander blogspot besoek nie, so ek is 'n "blogvirgin", maar dis baie goed "presented". Lyk my jy doen ALLES met "excellence". Ek weet net nie waar jy die tyd kry nie!

Groete liewe Griet!

Yuri

Marilese said...

Dankie, ek waardeer die mooi kommentaar - en 'n wyse guru leer dat mens eers meot doen waarvan jy hou en as daar tyd oorbly, dit wat jy moet doen - Jy sal verbaas wees hoe elasties tyd is!
Liefdegroete, Madeliefie

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...