Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Nephew Gerhard, My Special Knight



Today I called you;
help, I am falling –
and you came, set me right
my own special Knight!

You defeated
our fractured youth
came through with
your dreams still intact –
I’m so PROUD of you

We went through
the same flames, I too
wear the scars you
bear seared in
your memory – let us
swear to succor each other
always

Did you know the dangers
that lurked where you grew,
did you fight despair lurking
deep in your mind?
Oh don’t give up,
don’t give in

The sun will shine for you
as it has shone for me
since I learned to
look up and away –
that I could choose

To stay behind or swim to the top –
come, come up Gerhard
you need not remain
in despair, keep your eye
on the sun – it shines
for YOU,
you are a celebrity
in my eyes too!

(To my very special nephew who helped me to victory today)

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...