Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am a Singing Dreamer

Do you also feel that childhood and youth with its fears and restrictions and discipline made you feel old and now we are older, the years have brought freedom of choice and self-confidence? Wonderful, isn't it, to be absolutely single-mindedly focused on one's own ideals and dreams without reference to all the arbiters that made life hell!

I am not a poet. I am a philosopher with a love for music and with the need to make music through languages since I never mastered a musical instrument - but love singing, and words sing. I don't want to become anything, I am already a Dreamer and that is enough. I write because I want to listen to the words sing and consign my feelings and ideas to those singing words and see what they will create to reflect the unsayable back to me.

I am not a writer, I am a Reader and Thinker who write in the process of reading and thinking; and I am glad when other readers find in value in some of what comes out of that. I am delighted when others read something that strikes a cord with them. My work is primarily a reflection of the thinking process and a means of surviving the overpowering feelings unleashed by the many thoughts.

I don't write with an eye to what people wish to read - I write down what I want to remember for eternity - and poetic, lyrical formulation makes memorisation so much easier and enjoyable. I want to take my sun-poems into eternity as living testimonies of how much I loved the sun, as perfect sun-gems. Posting to the Internet is a means of sharing the beauty I see duty-free and without obligation - so it is wonderful.

Comments let me know that others share the same experiences and feelings and are a wonderful means of communication.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...