Monday, July 27, 2009

Contrite While Pain Lasts

Nothing like the blessing of an abscess
to make me repent, while it is throbbing
I feel bad about every nasty word I have
ever said, the religiously uplifting effect
won’t last long I’m opting for antibiotics
tonight, then I’ll stop feeling contrite

For laughing at stuck up snobbish English
expressions, stiff upper lip pronunciations,
I felt guilty when the boss called me in to
give a rendition in my imitation English
accent, everybody laughing with me at
the caricature I had drawn of

An innocent colleague, quite a sinecure
for what ails us at the office, but at the
expense of an innocent victim – at least
I’m contrite while pain lasts, maybe I’ll
earn a few hours in heaven this way –
until I start laughing again, I suppose…

27 July 2009

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...