Friday, July 17, 2009

A Government Official’s Life…

Tonight pressure became too much, took
the nail clippers and attacked my hair - soft
and feathery, growing too long, I want a fringe

Found new anti-breakage conditioner turning
my hair into fishing-line, looking awful feeling
even worse, old-fashioned translators of

Boring documents should look awful, except
Hanlie, archangel, who always lights up as she
smiles , the only make-up that works for us is

The way we laugh about life’s absurdities, Jane
is astonished - our barbarian African ways are
too much for a refined English lady

She is not used to hard manual labour breaking
her back like the rest of us, our pioneering spirit
makes us tough

She did not know that backache and injury
form part of a Government Official’s life…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...