Thursday, July 30, 2009

Love You So Serenade

Beautiful music played on the radio, first
heard as a child I am filled with memories,
a musical story woven in repetitive themes
different characters in each melodic phrase

Waited to hear the composition’s name, never
bothered before, simply formed part of my life
‘Haydn’s Serenade’ - wrote down the notes of
the first line for reference in easy conversation
**************************************
Then memory stirred, I used to croon loving
words to my babies on this melody, a single
phrase in refrain ‘And I LOVE you so, kerchum’
- that is how we remember this piece...

*************************************
Haydn_Op3_No5_Serenade_obpno

Joseph Haydn: Sheet music for Serenade.
Andante Cantabile from Op.3 No.5, Quartet
No.17, for Oboe and Piano.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...