Friday, July 3, 2009

Off Into The Blue


Sitting immobile, looking at a text,
researching words, slow death for
me with my people-orientated, fun-
loving personality, I want to be free,
run around, talk to everyone, determine
their state of mind, solve the problems
they define, see to their needs

But here I am, confined in silence to
one boring spot, chained to one text,
time standing still, last night I ended
up on the floor with a muscle spasm
in my back, now I yawn, eyes closing,
the text is a bore, look up every word,
it makes no difference

I do not feel better at all, fatigued, the
world –to me- is standing still, Victor
Hugo said his eyes were on his thoughts,
'les yeux sur mes pensées, triste' –sad–
‘et le jour sera comme la nuit’ -and the
day would be like night to him, yes, it is
the same for me

My eyes are on the end of the world,
we should travel with Douglas Adams
to the restaurant at the end of the
universe, watch the demise of this
boring place of incongruity, listening
to music before returning with Zaphod
Beeblebrox to the place where

he stole that new space vehicle and
made off into the blue – now that
is something I would LOVE to do!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...