Friday, July 24, 2009

Love Never Runs Out

She viewed his unhappy account
smiled and replied from her heart,
a feeling of unfettered freedom, an
emotion of unconditional love know-
ingly manacled to duty and obligation,
dreaded the never-ending routines which
tethered her need for adventure and challenge,
made her a mute maid-servant, reveled in her
new-found freedom from slavery; sent him this reply:

My love for you cannot run out, I‘ve loved you always
you’re suffering illusions of misery, your affection is
requited every second of my earthy life and my love
will endure for eternity

My love was smothered by needs of duty and routine,
my soul missing; my spirit could not serve without
freedom to do things spontaneously, I did not need
illusions of romance, fleeting and ethereal, momentary
desire, fluctuating passion that plays itself out
in a few hours

there are no impossible dreams; all we need is a focus
on visions of freedom – especially for me, the hard-
working serf, I had to become your equal to be free

Fairy tales sustain me as they focused me on wisdom
and idealism, respect and freedom, fairy tales taught me
love without insight leads to the loss of essence of life,
mythologies have their place as archives about precession

Fantasies using my imagination visualize new circumstances
in which I am free, offer my love freely without being serving
girl of another, your vision of pain behind a mask of unrequited
love after my serving you so many years reveals you do not
understand I lived in the discomfort of slavery for so long,

paying with my services for protection and love, lost ability
to feel love as an unconditional feeling divorced from
expectations and duties determined by domestic servitude…

I prefer to be free, even if it means separation
in order to be me, but my love will endure
forever…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...