Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Can Only Silence My Voice (2nd rev.)

you complain my propensity
for disparate comparisons
is not acceptable

I’ve no right to compare things thus
may not claim Sophia Loren is more
beautiful than anyone on earth

or that Min Shaw’s voice
enchants more than all other
Afrikaans female vocalists

But for me it is the case, I shall
whisper my opinion: Sophia Loren
is the most beautiful woman alive

all others pale in comparison –
I prefer the sunshine in Min
Shaw’s untrained voice to

husky, alto chords with sober
sounds that OBSCURE the sun;
you cannot stop me thinking so

Though I may not tell you so, my
thoughts remain free, you cannot
tether my mind – only silence my
voice…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...