Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cric-crac And Flic-flac

Safely ensconced in my chair working on
geological mapping in Burkina Faso, already
a bit bored, arrived at 06:45, been here an
hour, maybe some breakfast then marching
through the day; listening to "Les Contes
d'Hoffmann" recorded by Nici, not sure one
can concentrate while these people belt out
their songs, clic-clac, cric-crac the tenor
goes in my ears, definitely time for eating,
flic-flac everyone sings now, shall I be
able to translate with the cric-crac and
flic-flac accompanying my thoughts?

Edita Gruberova is singing Les Oiseaux
Dans La Charmille (Doll's Song), I’ve lost
it completely - cannot carry on translating
with heaven in my ears, triangles and bells
violins and flutes, a harp, total delight…

Barcarolle, fairies dancing in a circle, little
girls of seven years lightly dancing on their
toes – long hair, wide diaphanous dresses
fairy glitter all around them…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...