Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Turning Into A Lady

Oh my, the abscess is turning me
into a lady! I have to eat soft food,
cannot open my mouth, take small
bites to spare my injured tongue

Eat meditatively, ruminating quietly,
I feel elegant, one abscess and I
acquire some religion, polish and
decency, feeling almost willing

To meet up with strangers, though
it would be too much, a hunchback
syndrome à la Quasimodo is ready
to jump out amongst strangers

My speech would give my origins away
my incessant noise will reveal the genes
of my Attila the Hun forebears, I will stay
here and revel in the feeling of

Refinement in deportment and composure
smiling at everyone, especially since
hubby’s tie borrowed without permission
elicits positive comment everywhere...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...