Friday, July 31, 2009

Lines Screeching Like Scratching Nails

Oh my delightful life, the one-eyed
Cyclopian Troll Interpol presented
us with a list of notices

A Red one for provisional arrest of a
person, a Blue one for location of a
possible criminal

A Green one for criminals who operate
on an international scale, a Yellow one
to locate persons gone missing

In true Bermuda Triangle style, as well as
a Black one seeking information on dead
bodies for a horror movie effect

The French Foreign League insists on
appeler l’attention of the police while
the English simply alert them

Suddenly the Foreign League becomes
streamlined and ‘visées individus’ while
English gains weight with

‘Individuals who are targets of’ – well now
who makes the rules to determine which
formulation to use - targeted

Would have done fine for me – I shall
never be an existentially content
translator; this game

Where idiosyncratic taste determines what
changes will be made never meets with my
approval, I prefer singing melodies

Every musical sentence in my translation is
changed according to meaning, not sound,
ignoring the rhythm of the sentence

Lines screeching like scratching nails…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...