Monday, February 1, 2010

Champagne In My Heart

*

Sitting here like a deflated balloon, looking
at everything, reading sacred words to make
my cork of happiness rise, nothing works, I
am still flat without any fuzzy bubbles rising
to the surface of my mind, I know happiness
lives in ourselves, I cannot look towards any-
one else to make me happy

But food, no-one can tell me the excitement
of food should also be banned, I shall leave
all other people out of the equation to find
their own truth, I shall find mine by eating
and drinking, to exist without bubbles of
champagne in my heart is unbearable,
the boredom of grey is much too dull

Without the intake of comfort food to supply
the vitality and energy that I lack on this day
of blue skies, the sun greeting me with silver
kisses this morning, how can I repay him if I
feel so glum, off I go, hunting for something
to eat that will turn my mental seismograph
in the direction of happiness

To become able and worthy to receive the joy
and delight the shine of the sun is bringing to
me - took Doris Stokes “Joyful Voices” to read
while enjoying breakfast, right now I feel strong
and elated, people in the spirit world communi-
cating, now we shall have an automatic machine
translation meeting, Authumato

Oh joy, lunch to come also and I am stuffed,
strangely enough, we only get extra food or
eat out on the days I splash out at a res-
taurant on my own, at least I am inflated
both heart and soul and unfortunately,
especially bodily also, I shall roll
down to the venue

Champagne bubbling in my heart…

“Joyful Voices” Doris Stokes
Futura Publications 1987
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...