Friday, February 26, 2010

How Great Is Life

*


Thank heaven, the stranger with the
anguished mind and sad personality
who looked at me from the mirror in
my borrowed body yesterday is gone

Andre Rieu’s orchestra playing Olé Guapa,
swaying to the music, arms outstretched like
a ship’s bowhead stepping high giraffe style,
back to my naughty Bond girl usual self

Laughing at me when I look up, a joy to
be me who is happy in this body, the
chemical allergy affecting my nervous
system with a self-conscious fear has left

It made me someone who cannot speak or
think for herself, cannot laugh and enjoy life,
briefly appeared to teach me how great is life
few people can compare how it feels to be

Two completely different beings, one glad,
one sad, I am privileged to learn the art
of living joyously in this unique way!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...