Sunday, February 14, 2010

Threw Down The Gauntlet

*
Skeptics are skeptical not for lack of evidence
but for lack of interest, loudly declaring “There
is no proof” until proof is presented such as
Professor Ian Parrott’s book “The Music of
Rosemary Brown”

I use my imagination to understand, lacking
observational evidence for everything, from
sub-atomic particles to the age of the
universe, I believe everything to be
potentially true

Rejoicing in the fact that Rosemary Brown wrote
music in the style of Liszt, Chopin, Bach and
Beethoven, a probability proven by the eye-
witness accounts of music lovers like
Hephzibah Menuhin

Richard Rodney Bennett, Humphrey Searle
and Ian Parrott who recognized the new
music dictated by famous composers

I wonder how Francis Clive-Ross, skeptic editor
of the occult magazine ‘Tomorrow’ who threw
down the gauntlet for evidence of this kind

Lived his boring life, rejecting everything a-priori
that refuted limited sensory experience

If I were confined to my own mind like that
I would have gone stark, raving mad!


“Spirit Communication” Roy Stemman, Piatkus, 2005,
pages 46-48
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...