Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dewdrops For Secret Crown

*
REVISED

Took the secret crown of dewdrops
turned into frozen teardrops from
my head, hung a chain of flowers
on my screen, adding tear-
drops on a string

Sad black clips keep hair neat and
tidy, no fairy magic here today
crying while reading ‘Adam and
Eve and Pinch-Me’ describing
her empty life

Her feelings frozen underground, a
cover for the tears I cry in my
disappointment, a prisoner
of endless official
documents

More dewdrops for my
secret crown…

*
ORIGINAL

Took the secret crown of dewdrops
from my head, saw it actually was
frozen teardrops, hung a chain of
miniature wild flowers in the magic
area around my computer, added
the shiny string of teardrops to it

Six black clips to pin back my hair
tidy and neat, no wings and fairies
today, just teardrop pools, crying
while reading ‘Adam and Eve and
Pinch-Me’ identifying with Sara
Moone, the protagonist saying

‘I get involved in books - it becomes
embarrassing’ using the description
of her going underground, her empty
life, as a cover for crying tears for my-
self, for disappointment, imprisoned
amongst stacks of documents

More dewdrops for
my secret crown...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...