Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Very Wacky Pillar

*
Disappointed, I feel like crying
today started so well, looking for-
ward to French class - postponed till
tomorrow, expectantly did administration
messed up getting doc. names all wrong

Disgusted by the bad result of my honest
attempt to succeed, returned to my boring
document, fell into the black hole lurking in
my head, feelings of joy and expectation
all evaporated

Elation of reading about strange artefacts
abated, falling headlong into oblivion, wish
I could return to last night’s excitement, saw
people acting like I always do when hubby
remonstrates NOBODY acts like that

Last night he saw they do, but that way of life
only allowed for famous artists, I am a salaried
assembly line translator, my heart is broken -
I don’t want to be here, but I must in order to
achieve my childhood ideal

Of being a loyal pillar of society, though I am
a very wacky pillar, likely to grow worse with
age, I’m glad to report, you can force me to
toe the line, but you can’t force me to
toe it correctly!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...