Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Passion, Feeling And Being

*
Things going on around me are brilliant,
I work in paradise with angelic colleagues,
it is the things happening in my digestion
system, sensitive to chemicals and coloring,
intolerant of fat and sugar and oil and all
things nice, susceptible to condiments and
flavourful spice, soy sauce in black and
white; that rob me of my thoughts

I love eating comfort food, but my system
reacts negatively to all the enchanting stuff
I consume with such delight, once fallen into
a spiral of food intolerance I crave more things
that work like drugs, bread and cake and sweet
things, clever outsiders say I should only eat
what is safe for my digestion, bland vegetables,
meat without fat, coarse salt and pepper

No wine and coffee and tea and cool drink; guess
what, I lose the headache and the will to live also,
as the pain decreases painless fatigue becomes
unbearable, I’d rather be in a murderous rage
than feel bland and emotionally dead all the
time, I’ll experiment and eat and drink – life
is for passion and feeling and being, not for
existing in a painfree condition

Which is so boring, I might as well be dead!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...