Thursday, February 25, 2010

Totally Confused

*
And there I was, French class, totally confused
I thought it was because we discussed political
subjects, then I discovered I could not count at
all, not understand what was said, all I replied
was ‘I’m not interested in rewriting history’

Remembered my dad - growing up in the poorest
part of town - disadvantaged - black and white
looked at faces around me, feeling alone, lost
the positive feeling of colleagues at work, felt
boxed in, confessed mess in class at home

Hubby confessed curry added to dish last night
derailed my brain, at least now I know why I
completely lost the plot, the story of my life
sometimes I can and sometimes I can’t
depends on what food contained

Tomorrow I’ll try again to meet the norm, do
my job, understand – today is lost
tomorrow always is
a new day…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...