Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sandhi Sanctum Sanctorum

*
There is no simulacrum between me
and the sedulous translators around
me who find my sedition unsavoury
sacriligeous against their sacerdotal
devotion to duty

Their sacramentalist regard for the
sacredness of sacred writings called
official documents reduces me to sack-
cloth and ashes, I must keep my ideas
sapwood and do sanbenito

To satisfy a sanctimonious insistence
on the sanctitude of correct procedure
deep down they know I am really a
saltimbanco of a translator-administator
they have no need

For the salubrious poetry I avidly consume,
unaware of the salutary effects of sandhi in
sanctum sanctorum

I am saved by my sanguine attitude which
camouflages my sangfroid faced with sanserifs
that drive me mad, while I secretly search for
sapid Sapphic delights, dreaming of a sarabande
to saturate my soul with

Saurian satyr scansion to sconce the scowl off my
face and scorify my soul while I hide behind my
scutum semasiology, sending you a semaphore
seriatim as I am your septuagenarian, what
serendipity

I met you in a serendipitous way shambling
about in PoemHunter’s corridors, because I
used you as a sallyport , outlet and fort, you
suspect me of sending you a salmagundi just
for fun

I am waiting for a sally
in counterpoint!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...