Sunday, February 28, 2010

Promise Eternal Duration

*
That’s what poetry is to me: a way
to dream - to calm fears – to feel -
to express emotions, read a series
of poems about love

As a spiritual experience - my fears
are stilled, my heart is filled with a
joy transcending temporal reality
I offer my joy to you

I love special people spiritually, can-
not bear to see my loved ones hurt
or crying, my kids are special to me
sent to teach me new things

Read the Sunday newspaper, all the
arguments, fights and jealousy, a
wasp stung me, the good, honest
physical pain was not so severe

As the effect of the murders and
dishonesty exposed - although
all people have good intentions
they clash when together

I stay in my refuge under the green
plants in my garden, people are
lovely individually, but in groups
they turn into a pack of wolves

I don’t want to join them in fighting
each other, saying things about one
another, the speaker means no evil
but his words are misquoted

His intentions misjudged, to calm my
spirit, I read poetry, study the virtues
of wisdom that make life worthwhile
infuse love with trust

A promise of eternal duration lifting
my soul to the higher dimensions
where infinity spirals eternally…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...