Monday, February 22, 2010

Tell Me How To Fly

*
My guru insists successful changes requires a sweet
journey in happy anticipation, I meet wonderful people
where I am living on condition that I am not myself, my
dream is to meet others like me who see the world dif-
ferently in order to share our visions

For now I remain an underground dreamer accepting
my constant failures and inadequacies, a prerequisite
for spiritual growth, learning in humble subservience,
doing a job that requires administrative qualities I do
not possess, living a half-life

Doing inferior work, without opportunity for any progress
my guru says once I learn to be content to be classified
as inferior without distress, the chance to employ my
talents will come, I am learning to be resigned, to be
a snail, the dunce in the office

A silly clown, a frolicking harlequin, if I try my best and
accept rejection and scorn, I will have learnt a lesson
although the quantum universe is so big and life so
mysterious, we are living suffocating bureaucratic
lives - I cry with Dr Jokweni who said

Sadness is the staple of life, I must feel the pain of my
fellow concentration camp inmates to understand what
a new world should entail, to appreciate the alternative
visions of ‘Conversations With God’ by Neale Donald
Walsh

I wish my guru could tell me
how to fly…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...