Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eight Hours Facing Empty Words

*
I am glad I did not know as a child life was
supposed to be fun, we are supposed to
feel good and taste success, I would not
have been able to face bleakness if
I thought life should be enjoyed

Today I am still doing what I did when I
was very young, sit quietly in one place
because the allergy makes it difficult to
do other things, with a job where sitting
immobile is a prerequisite

Talking to no-one, not serving clients, no
discussing ideas or philosophies, nobody
listening, no-one talking about the subjects
I love, correspondents keep me alive, I
write my thoughts down

Wishing for time to pass so I can do something
interesting before I die, meet people who love
poetry, process the world in the same way,
understand how feelings work, how
emotions should be classified

I am not resigned today, maybe if I cry, I will
be able to face the meaningless blob that we
call today, eight hours facing empty words,
then we go home, life is filled with family
and stimulating books

One day we might go off and see the world
if I die before then, I shall see the universe
understand everything that puzzled me here
discover more mysteries, happiness is
waiting on the other side!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...