Sunday, February 14, 2010

Roses In Soft Mauve

*
A top as sheer and beautiful as fairy
wings next to my bed, another mid-
night blue with silver stripes, a third
rose pink for summer fairy dreams

All adorned with shiny dewdrop buttons,
for the first time in a million years I found
tops I love in a local store, big and wide
enough, roses made in soft mauve

For the first time in an age I shall wear
lovely stuff instead of T-shirts plain and
boring, tomorrow I’ll wear my new blue
top, a dewdrop string in my hair

Tonight I must end my dreams, get ready to
concentrate on editing the translations I did
not touch all weekend, withdraw my mind
from fantasies, focus on conquering

Boring lists, there must be ways to make as-
sembly line work interesting, enliven endless
lists, if all fails, I’ll cry until I’m miserable,
all routine work must be better than nothing

Now I’m looking at famous mediums: John Edward,
Ena Twigg, Battling Bertha, Lilian Bailey, Brian
Inglis, EileenGarrett, and the scientists who
tested them: William James, Sir Oliver Lodge

Sherlock Holmes, Oscar Wilde - I sigh; must put
the fun away to work on prescribed texts, non-
informative, monotonous, translated correctly
no place for innovation or interpretation

I NEED visions and dreams to help me through
meaningless activities required in reality…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...