Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Visual Delight Not Voice Quality

*

André Rieu’s soprano’s are chosen for
visual delight, not voice quality, the DVD
recording of Barcarolle and O Mio Babbino
Caro sport beautiful women with mediocre
voices

Edita Gruberova spoiled me, enveloping the
ear in rich velvet tones, in comparison the voices
of Rieu’s beauties present a thin moth-eaten material
rolling thickly between notes, without clean, fresh, crisp
movements

Rieu draws attention to their appearance when introducing
them to keep the focus away from the sound of their voices
and the radiant lady belting out “Oh When The Saints” in New
York is off-tune, it grates on my nerves, maybe he never meant
anyone

To listen attentively, playing his music while trying to translate
little documents, getting up feeling depressed for no reason at
all, trying to find solace in music to be confronted with low-quality
voices, the Hallelujah Chorus is colourless, lacking fire - but I shall
always

Appreciate his orchestra - although the vocal work reminds of
the Gunther Kallmann choir, especially Chanson D’Amour
not my favourite at all - let me return to my salaried job
to fight against depression by maiming words…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...