Friday, April 9, 2010

Bottle This Feeling

*

Jamie Uys was a storyteller par excellence
the emotions he evokes in me with his movie
The Gods Must Be Crazy 2, two little Bushmen
children, slender and graceful, living in harmony
with nature in the Kalahari

Add soldiers from Angola and Cuba, a Doctor of
Corporate Law from New York, a veterinarian,
two elephant poachers and a hyena, an ostrich
guarding his eggs, a baboon and a few giraffes
a lion pride and meerkats

Low-key background music - and my heart melts,
I am putty in his hands, crying and laughing, re-
joicing and screaming, feeling like a balloon
inflating in delight, the two little Bushmen kids
got stuck in the poachers’ truck

Their father has to find them, in his travails he
meets the soldiers and Lena Farugia, Corporate
Law doctor, she managed to smash the light
plane that should have taken them out of the
Kalahari -while a rhinoceros, badger

And scorpion did damage to the characters - the
background music keeping the happy atmosphere
of cool detachment alive - I LOVE watching this;
love being manipulated by a brilliant dreamer
like Jamie Uys, I wish

I could bottle this feeling and take long
draughts - whenever required!
*


“Gods Must Be Crazy 2”
A movie made by Jamie Uys, South Africa,
following upon The Gods Must Be Crazy
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...