Monday, April 12, 2010

DoebeldabalDAM paDAM

*

Nothing can save me from this feeling, does not
help to cling to André Rieu’s humorous rendition
of the Harry Lime Theme, threatening, nostalgic,
sad, a lament, playing in my head

I am crying as the Theme keeps playing in my mind
sweet sorrow surfacing as I listen to the lines repeating
dabaDAAH badabaDAAH ping-poeng; dabaDAAH
badabaDAAH ping-poeng

Not the comedy played by the orchestra, not the manic
pianists and deranged flutists, can change the menacing
refrain, daBA daBA daBA daBA daBA daBA daBA tam
tam tam tam tam tamDAAM –

DoebeldabalDAM paDAM ping-poeng - the theme of a
killer, I shall put the melody away and listen to it later,
if the feeling persists, I shall know the real meaning
cannot be hidden by clownish tricks

However much I adore the laughter and fun…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...