Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To The Reader

*

The world to me is meaningless unless
I may assign my own meaning, adding
to the fount of beauty in life

When you explained how soon this world
would be lost, I did not care for the planet,
fearing one thing only -

That you find no joy or laughter in my writing
my only talent and gift, I don’t care for any-
thing except the happiness

And joy of those I love, let me know whether
I am free to believe that my attempts to add
to your happiness do sometimes

Lead to success; only you have the ability
to contemplate my writing, your presence
means the world to me

I serve others by doing my duty implying nothing
but money, but you I can touch by weaving beauty
into words and thoughts

The only purpose that gives meaning to life
making my heart glow in love…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...