Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tackle the World

*
Willem offered an example - what of the wife
who shot her husband because he threatened
her with a screwdriver, she was found guilty of
manslaughter and incarcerated

From a spiritual viewpoint I do not believe the law just,
I said, if she were not to be blamed as I claimed, she
would have made the most of her spell in prison
and that would prove me right

Studying, learning a craft, feeling better than under
her Hitlerian husband - if she simply went from bad
to worse, she would have proved the law right -
only retrospectively can we say

Whether a decision was right or wrong, it all depends
on what we did under the circumstances we had to
face, if she were really a victim of her husband’s
insistence on her being a slave

Her behaviour in jail would reveal her true nature - but
of course, my viewpoint is not popular, the law wants
its decisions endorsed, there are rules, Willem says,
he feels passionate about them; he is self-confident

As long as he believes passionately, he is safe, chasing
his dreams with enthusiasm, Willem is Nici’s friend, they
are still young, ready to tackle the world...
*

1 comment:

Matt D said...

Law and morality are certainly different. The law exists to keep the peace, morality to guide us towards a higher truth.

I guess. I really have no idea.

Dostoevsky, one of my favorite writers, was convicted of sedition (or something like that) and had to spend years in prison in Siberia. He was only allowed to read one book, the Bible. He lived among murders and thieves and the riff raff of society. What he learned is that there nor really different from any of the rest of us.

He wrote about his experience in a book called _The House of the Dead_. I remember being really impressed when I read it, but it's been a long time.

Here a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead_(novel)

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...