Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Pain of Beauty

*

[ORIGINAL]

Staring at
crystal chandeliers
piercing beauty of the crystal’s
purity, miniature rainbows playing
within the crystal spheres representing
planets hung in circle formation to form a
universe; the pain of beauty ethereal shoots
through my heart, is it because I have to leave
it behind? Crying for the beauty ephemeral of
shining crystals, the cascading drops of a
waterfall suspended forever, breaking my
heart and I cannot say why, taking a
photo to dry my tears, constricted
throat relaxing, the pain of beauty
brought under control, I can
take the image of the
sublime crystals
with me...


[SECOND VERSION]

Staring at crystal chandeliers , at the
piercing beauty of the crystals' purity
miniature rainbows playing within the
crystal spheres, representing planets
hung in circle formation to create
several universes

The pain of beauty ethereal shooting
through my heart I want to become
one with such beauty, melt with the
clarity, shine and delight, wild desire
making me cry about the beauty
ephemeral of shining crystals

The crystal chandelier looks like the
cascading drops of a waterfall sus -
pended in time forever, I want to im-
bibe the beauty physically, if only I
could attain unity with the beauty

Of crystals sublime...
*

1 comment:

Matt D said...

The original here was jaw dropping ... really. Excellent.

My heart went pang. Beautiful.

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...