Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ready For Strange Magic (Rev.)

*
Like a buttercup, I sailed the street,
wearing my Bafana T-shirt with élan,
ready to support my team in the
Soccer World Cup - It felt more
like flying as I danced down the
pavement to my favourite
hang-out place

The dimly lit library, I cannot concentrate
need somewhere to park my mind - Beast
of Whixall Moss I found perfect, a boy
professing not to care if he cannot
satisfy mother’s desire for perfection
and Fintan’s Tower, about a boy

Looking for a book he could get lost in –
just like me, escaping from robotic ‘Beam
Me Up, Scotty’ reality, books founded
in fantasy, I am ready
for strange magic
*

2 comments:

Matt D said...

What a beautiful poem. :)

Margaret Alice said...

Thanks Matt, for ALL your comments, you are a treasure and make me feel better about myself and the world and EVERTHING!

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...