Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Will Never Forget

*
A day of total frustration, I pick a fight
you slap down everything I swank into
the house, ebulliently proud of myself
driving with lasik eyes unable to see at
night in a full moon, the sky forgiving

I sing loudly, disappointment and
anger no longer suppressed, I swallow
my feelings, digest and bury them
deeply, I have no right to interfere
with a smooth course of life

I must translate my super-boring
document tonight while wondering
what real facts define the dispute
between Tom Thumb and the Duchess
and why I cannot understand

How much Grandma Alice did for them!
Tom Thumb sent to school in a clean shirt
each day while I wore mine over and over
to save her extra work, yet not a single
word of thanks to her memory

I could wish she sent him off in dirty
clothes, unthankful child, but it is over,
Grandma Alice is already non-physical,
she probably forgave, I am the one to
remember, I will never forget – though
I cannot take my tears away...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...