Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hide Unnatural Fatigue

*
Oh no, an attack of sleepiness, the result of
trying a new dish, this is what I have to show
for my avarice, saw a new barbecue sauce
concoction leering at me seductively, fell
for it hook, line and sinker

I am yawning, nothing can stem the tide, it is
most disheartening to lose control, fall asleep
in my chair, allergy and low blood sugar com-
bined is a knock-out, at least I have learnt to
eschew the new barbecue dish

Toted on posters everywhere, what a pity the
knowledge is dearly bought - in a perfect world
I would have fallen asleep and woken up after
hibernating for a week, as it is, I must hide
my unnatural fatigue

Evince interest in my document - the guru’s
advice to wait for inspiration means I should
run away, but I am too tired to do that; sleep,
sleep, I shall have to work at home
to make up for time lost…

[Maybe I should stop listening to Mantovani,
slow melodies worsen the syndrome...]
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...