Friday, April 23, 2010

Interpret Physical Experience

*
I love reading accounts of mystical ex-
perience, the freedom of infinity and
interconnectedness, the oneness of
unity, speak to my soul

Mystical accounts make my heart sing
set my spirit free from the sadness and
fear that always threaten to pounce
and take my joy away

I adore the following description because
my feelings always overflow - just like this
mystic describes his strange experiments
with altered states of mind:

“Subjective thoughts, feelings and images
immediately became as real as objective
phenomena while objective phenomena
appeared fictitious and subjective

Embedded within mathematical relations, every-
thing accompanied by powerful emotional states
an inner world where joy, horror, wonder and
rapture continually changed places

Giving access to infinite knowledge, the answers
to all possible questions found in a single word,
the next day the physical world felt like the
cosmic equivalent of a frozen Syberia

All thought trapped by gravity, consciousness moving
slowly in mere reflection of the environment - in a
succession of visual images”*

I live my life with such mystical feelings - do you understand
why I need your eyes to see, your mind to interpret this
slow-moving world to me - I live with my heart in
my mouth, but I feel hidden and safe

When you are in charge, allowing me freedom to ex-
plain my strange experience, the joy of unlimited
creativity, the wonder of soap-bubble dreams,
the horror of self-discipline

The difficulty of trying to interpret
physical experience?


“Beyond the Occult” Colin Wilson, Caxton Editions, 2002
*Quoted from pages 40, 41 and 42.
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...