Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Run For My Life (Rev.)

*
When we were small, my peppery-tongued twin
aka the Duchess complained about little brother,
Tom Thumb, I advised leave him alone, today we
are grown but she still interferes in his life

He complains, Look What the Duchess Is Doing To Me
I’m amazed now as I was then, their lives entangled
the little Tom Thumb and my acerbic sister of the
acid tongue still at loggerheads

Mother, Queen of Hearts, unaware of their existence
father, a happy Sagittarean, keeping to himself, while
Tom Thumb says the Duchess is throwing pepper at
him, spoiling his life with lies

I mention our self-sacrificing Cinderella, grandma
Alice, a perfectionist, offering unstinting service and
love, both Tom Thumb and the Duchess erupt like
volcanoes giving me a feeling of Déja Vu

Their antipathy is founded in old wounds I know
nothing about, would be directed against me the
moment I got involved - I wonder why they detest
each other and dear grandma Alice so

Anyone involved in their lives is suspect
I should run for my life…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...