Tuesday, April 13, 2010

When We Were Small

*

I nearly missed ‘So You Think You Can
Dance’, took Nici to buy presents for her
birthday friends having a grass party, picked
up Tiaan and his friend after playing rugby
swerving through heavy traffic

Bought bread, prepared salad and vegetables
Tiaan made a fire, everyone promising I shall
be in time for the ONE program I love, the men
always watch sports, Nici has her beloved
Animax , I watch ‘Dance’

At seven-thirty-five I thought it was nine-thirty
embittered I called Nici; see, the men made me
miss my program, she showed me the time; but
as I complained and sighed, she ran away -
please let us eat so I can be ready

I want to watch ‘So You Think You Can Dance’
the one program that lets me escape my inability
to dance, I dream of Pratchett’s Death dancing a
tango with me, arms stretched like the prow of a
ship, just as my twin sister and I did

When we were small...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...