Monday, May 31, 2010

The Balm Of Love (Rev)

*
Torn between emotions: stricken for my
child’s disappointment – a promise not
realized but happy to have her at home
with me, seeing her face, hearing her
voice, holding her tight

She berates me for inadequacy – her
father rejoices, he sees a mirror in his little
girl, while I know she feels the throes
of broken dreams, though she takes it in
her stride

She copes calmly, I feel fear clutching me,
will life hurt her so early, did we disappoint
her as often as she claims, is she resigned
in the face of plans changed?

– I wish I knew how to apply the balm
of love for scratches to the heart
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...