Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Experimenting With Fire

*
My sunscreens keep falling down
allowing the sun to make my corner
too warm, now I accept my fate and
leave the sun to shine its beauty into
my life, only have to struggle through
the afternoon, then off to read a book

I keep offering possible solutions but
the response remains ‘No, that is not
so, I know, it has been like this forever
and it cannot change, I cannot give up
my dream but neither can I try anything
to make it come true’ - a known refrain

It describes my own attitude, I cling to
dreams long past their sell-by date, some
people had to die before I could let go, at
least I got to say goodbye, they seemed
to understand my need for reassurance
and offered a last confidence-boost
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...